Introduction to MCPA
Malaysian Community Pharmacists Association (MCPA) (Persatuan Farmasis Kumuniti Malaysia, in Malaysia national language) was legally established in October 2005 under the Society Act 1966, and Society Regulations 1984.
MCPA is a national and professional organization that will focus on the professionalism and practitioners’ interests of all the Community Pharmacists who form more than 50 percents of the qualified pharmacists in Malaysia. MCPA’s Motto, “Towards the Best Medicines Management”, indicates the pharmacist-members determination to serve the patients well.
Main Objectives of MCPA are:
- To promote and protect the honour and interests of the pharmacy profession, particularly the community pharmacy practice.
- To enhance and uphold the professional standard and ethics of community pharmacy practice.
- To protect and improve the interests, including the exclusive dispensing of medicines, of the community pharmacists.
- To encourage and spearhead the advancement of pharmaceutical education and pharmaceutical sciences through the publication of relevant professional information and knowledge, particularly that which are related to the community pharmacy practice.
- To represent the views of the members before the general public as well as in any relevant Government Board or Statutory Authority or Institution.
- To affiliate and co-operate with any organization with similar objectives, as may be deemed necessary to enhance the objectives of the Association, by the Supreme Council.
- To assist the country to enjoy better pharmaceutical care through quality pharmaceutical products and effective medication management.
- To monitor a proper distribution and sustained growth of the community pharmacies by collaborating with the relevant Government Authorities.
- To strength bona fide management of the community pharmacy, as required by the Pharmacy Legislation.
- To improve the ownership of the community pharmacies.
If you are a practicing community pharmacists in Malaysia, this is your website where your views and participation are anticipated. There are many pharmacy issues that need to be resolved for the benefits of the practitioners as well as the nation. We want to hear from you. Please click on the desired topic and forward your opinion. Happy serving.